Friday, November 05, 2004

Be progressive, buy progressive

One lesson we learned from the Sinclair Broadcasting item was the potential power of focused boycott threats. One way to increase our power and reward our friends is to identify and patronize progressive companies in any area we can identify. If that harms a known regressive firm, all the better.
My criteria for progressive firms is somewaht loose, and depends on circumstances. Work place policies, contributions to progressive causes, environmental policy, LBGT policy, all are worthy of consideration.
I haven't searched for a web site, but I believe we should list and support companies with a positive social agenda. My initial recommendation would be:
Automobile insurance - Progressive (naturally) vs. State Farm
Telephone Company - Working Assets vs. Verizon
Big Box Store - Costco vs. Walmart or Sam's Club
Automobile Club - A Better World vs. AAA
Foreign Car Repair - Can-Am Motors vs. Any factory shop
Please add any you can think of.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great article! Thanks.

August 18, 2007 at 6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for interesting article.

August 18, 2007 at 11:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Nice site! Good resources here. I will bookmark!

September 9, 2007 at 7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see first time your site guys. I like you :)

September 10, 2007 at 5:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent website. Good work. Very useful. I will bookmark!

September 10, 2007 at 3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home